5 Search Engine Optimization Tips
- In the TITLE OF YOUR WEBSITE, I recommend you enter no more than 4 keywords, plus your name. This is in addition to your actual website name. Search engine spiders index according to what is contained in the TITLE OF YOUR WEBSITE, not the DESCRIPTIVE TEXT found under it.
- Start the TITLE OF YOUR WEBSITE with the name of your site, followed by a hyphen, and use your 4 keywords to name it in such a way that they read well, like a sentence.
- Keep the TITLE OF YOUR WEBSITE to 7 words or less, not counting prepositions.
- However, the DESCRIPTIVE TEXT is also crucial because a visitor will use that to evaluate whether to click on to your site.
- If you are an offline business, put your PHONE NUMBER in the DESCRIPTIVE TEXT so it appears before the cut off … Our research shows that in this day and age, people are more likely to call you if they want to do business with you than email. Make it easy for them to reach you! Put in both your cell phone and office phone.Need help with your TITLE OF YOUR WEBSITE?
Try Search Triggers our Free Title Building Keyword Tool
Once you’ve submitted your website Earthgrid Search, check your email and click the link inside. Then share that link on Twitter and Facebook.
Where do you submit your search engines?
NINJA SEO TIP: DO NOT submit to the big search engines. Cause them to find you with your backlinks to authority websites. Get an Authority Website at Earthgrid.com
There are only three places I recommend you submit your website to to get started
- Earthgrid Search – 100% Opt-In Web Site Directory – no spiders or crawlers. If you can’t rank on the first page here then you won’t rank anywhere else! Apply the 5 principles above
- The Open Source Directory – DMOZ – this is where all the search engines find the best websites you should be there.
- Search Engine Visibility Service – we partnered with the best system and software that is so affordable and has 24/7 unlimited telephone support.